There is a plain sausage biscuit….. and “well there’s this”.
First off, I have to say the saying is true. “A blind hog will find an acorn every now and then”. I am of course referring to this photo of my tri-tip biscuit sandwich. Over the past few weeks, I have been learning to create a website on WordPress, write my own blogs, attempt to sound literate, and try to figure out how to work a DSLR camera during this “shelter in place” thing. So to say the least, it is like drinking from a fire hose. But I have to say, the endless watching of YouTube videos of food photography is really starting to pay off. It’s funny, that feeling of perfection is very similar to when you get the perfect crust on a cast iron seared pork chop, or perfect grill marks on a steak.
This breakfast biscuit sandwich is the perfect thing to do with your leftover Tri-Tip, and that is exactly how this came about. The recipe is simple. Get a couple biscuits, some eggs and left over steak and you are in heaven…keep it simple my friends.
Tri-Tip Breakfast Biscuit
- 24 ounces tri-tip cooked, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 4 buttermilk biscuits
- Place leftover Tri-Tip in the oven at 250 degrees. Warm until the internal temperature is 125-130 degrees. Remove, cover with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of bacon grease (or your favorite cooking oil).
- Fry eggs over easy in the skillet seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. When the eggs are the desired doneness remove and set aside.
- Cut biscuit in half. Pile on a generous amount of thinly sliced meat on the biscuit. Place the egg on top being careful not to bust the yolk.
- Serve open face or as a biscuit sandwich.