Happy Easter Everyone. Easter is a very special day when family and friends normally gather to cook, eat and celebrate. But since we are not able to physically get together this year, we are all trying to figure out how to make things a little more “normal”. For me, it’s cooking up many of those favorite recipes I always look forward to. And for Easter…my favorite recipe is deviled eggs, but not just any deviled eggs. Oh no, my fiancé’s Southern Bacon Deviled Eggs. These have become so popular in our home, that our son will randomly ask her to whip these up many times throughout the year, whether it’s a holiday or not! So this is actually her recipe. And one she says she always enjoys making as it has one very special ingredient – sweet pickles, which remind her of her Granny who used to always make her own sweet pickles every year. It’s amazing how one flavor can bring back so many great memories.
I hope you enjoy these Southern Bacon Deviled Eggs as much as my family!
Southern Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs hard boiled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet pickles chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Crystal Hot Sauce 3-4 splashes depending on level of spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp bacon crumbled
- 1 serrano pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Slice peeled hard boiled eggs in half. Place the yolks into a small bowl and the whites onto a plate or a serving dish.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Add in mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
- Add sweet pickles.
- Add granulated garlic and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add Crystal Hot Sauce.
- Mix thouroughly and taste for seasoning. If you want a creamier mix, add bit more mayonnaise.
- Spoon or pipe filing into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with bacon and paprika.
- (Optional) Add serano pepper for some heat.
- Chill until ready to serve.